Thank you to Sri-Tours which has a very helpful guide – https://sri-tours.at/sri-lanka-reisen-nach-corona/
They list all the steps in a very detailed manner and are a great resource. Reference #2: https://www.srilanka.travel/helloagain/
Travelling to Sri Lanka (From Germany)
1) Book flight
2) Get online insurance at https://visitsrilanka.gov.lk/ – cost 12 USD
3) Apply for visa (ETA) at http://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/center.jsp?locale=de_DE – cost 35 USD
Note: sometimes VISA credite Cards make Problems. Try Mastercard
After a short time you should receive ETA per email
4) Get PCR test in Germany. (Max. 72h old) – cost: ~45 – 85 Euro
5) When test is negative then fill out online Health Declaration Form at https://www.airport.lk/health_declaration/index
Note: you Need scan of passport, scan of vaccination report and scan of PCR test. All Scans should be in JPG Format (Max file size of 1MB).
When filled out you receive a QR Code. Print this out on paper and/or make sure you have it on your phone. You will Need to present this at Immigration in SL.
Travelling to Germany (From Sri Lanka)
1) Check if Sri Lanka is declared as high Risk Country in Germany. (Currently it is not a high Risk country).
Note: Good ressource is: https://www.adac.de/news/quarantaene-einreise-deutschland/
2) Check with your Airline if they require a PCR or any other Tests (i-e. Rapid Antigene, etc.).
Note: Currenlty Germany itself doesn’t require a PCR test for fully vaccinated People travelling from non high-risk Country like Sri Lanka.
3) If PCR Test is required, get PCR test.
Close to Airport is a test facility:
AASL-Hospinorm PCR Laboratory & Lounge
+94 112 255 255
No Reservation required. Just go there. Note: payments for foreigners only accepted in USD or credit Card. No rupees accepted.
4) If travelling to Germany from a high Risk County ( i.e. UAE, Quatar, etc.) normally you need a german formular filled out („Einreiseformular“). However this doesn’t apply if you only transit these countries and stay less than 24 hours. For example on a 3h hours stopover in Dubai you don’t need to fill out the formular.
Check https://www.adac.de/news/quarantaene-einreise-deutschland/ for links and more info.