Got Questions? Find Answers to Your Queries!
Frequently Asked Questions
What does your insurance cover?
Our tuktuks are equipped with all-inclusive insurance that provides protection for both tuktuk and other vehicles in the event of damage. This insurance also includes coverage for personal injuries sustained by you, your passengers, and third parties (refer to the diagram). Nevertheless, we advise obtaining your own Travel Insurance to account for situations like being transported to your home country for medical reasons, as this scenario is not within the coverage.
Can I drop the tuktuk to a different location?
Can I pick up the tuktuk from a different location?
What is included in the rental price?
- Quality tuktuks rented from locals to boost their income
- Comprehensive third party insurance
- Locally approved licence if applicable (Sri Lanka)
- International Drivers Permit (optional)
- Comprehensive driving lesson
- Unlimited km’s
- Flexible pick-up, drop-off locations and extensions
- Wear and tear repairs covered while you are on the road
- Comprehensive road kit to make your trip more comfortable
- Membership at the Automobile Association of Ceylon (Sri Lanka)
- Integrated digital map with over 1000 location to make your trip unique!
Why do you have different prices for less than 4 days?
What happens if my tuktuk gets stolen?
What happens if my accessories get stolen?
Do I need to pay in advance to secure my booking?
Yes. In line with our social business model, we need your payment to be confirmed before we can commit to renting your tuktuk from one of our incredible local suppliers.
Do you accept credit cards?
Yes! You can pay through our secure credit card payment gateway (Stripe) or through PayPal. If you want to pay via credit card through PayPal, proceed to the PayPal payment page, then select ‘Pay by Credit Card’ down the bottom (see image below). Note: this functionality is not available in all countries.
I want to take the train between Kandy and Nuwara Eliya. Is this possible with my tuktuk?
Yes! We have a contact who can drive your tuktuk in either direction between Kandy and Nuwara Eliya while you take the famous train trip. Get in touch with us when you book to arrange this. Train tickets also book out well in advance, so make sure you get your ticket early!